IRS Offer in Compromise
An IRS Offer in Compromise allows a taxpayer to settle a tax debt for less than the total amount owed. It can be filed with the IRS or a State Tax Agency and can include multiple tax years, back tax liabilities, penalties and interest. The IRS Offer in Compromise is an excellent settlement option for a qualifying taxpayer because it gives the taxpayer a fresh start by allowing for the resolution of all outstanding tax balances at once. Another benefit of filing an IRS Offer in Compromise petition is that additional collection activities of the IRS or State Tax Agency are generally halted while the offer is under consideration. That being said, the process of filing an Offer in Compromise can be long and complicated and the qualification criteria are very specific. Our job at Professional Tax Resolution is to make sure that you take advantage of the best tax resolution option available. We carefully analyze the tax debt and financial situations of each of our clients and only recommend filing an Offer in Compromise when we believe it will be accepted. If we determine that you meet the candidacy requirements for an IRS Offer in Compromise, we will work with you to prepare the offer and to submit all of the required documentation. Following that, we will represent you before the IRS or State Tax Agency until the process is complete.
At Professional Tax Resolution, we promise you what our competitors simply cannot:
- We not a marketing company. We do not use “affiliates” or “partners.”
- From day one you talk to a CPA, not an account manager or salesperson.
- We are CPAs solving IRS and State tax problems all day, every day.
- We will provide you with the best tax settlement options available.
- Our initial consultation is always free. No large up-front fee is required.
- We will never make false claims or promises we can’t keep.